If you know me at all, you know that my life revolves around food. Yes, of course, it revolves around my daughter, and social work, and helping others, and world peace, and hugging trees, and....but oh.my.god. Food.
Taken from Lil Foot's Mommy, my faraway friend who will talk about food with me any time!
1. Favorite milk? 2% Or Shepp's Chocolate milk
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook this season? Roman-Style Chicken, Italian stew, & chocolate cake
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Plain, old, fatty butter
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? Some cornbread out of a box. It was the Target brand, and I put in too much oil and it was AWFUL. My husband won't let me live it down, even though I now make some awesome cornbread.
5. Favorite pickled item? Pickled tomatoes! So good!
6. How do you organize your recipes? Uh, they are all over the place, but contained in one cabinet.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? garbage disposal. If I didn't have two dogs, I would totally do compost (tree hugger).
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? pasta!, chocolate cake, tacos!
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Making some of my grandma's old recipes with her before she passed away
10. Favorite ice cream? Aw hell-just ONE?. Um, dulce de leche.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? My pot filler!!! I rolled my eyes when my hubby wanted to put one in, but I LOVE it.
12. Spice/herb you would die without? garlic
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? A kids one that has recipes from A-Z
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Kiwi jam from Australia! My friend brought it back for me.
15. Favorite recipe to serve to a friend? Tortilla soup
16. Do you eat tofu? Sometimes, but usually just in miso soup
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? DESSERT!
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? nothing. there is a built in cabinet that sits about a 1/4 inch above the top of my refrigerator (That's full of my china)
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. tortellini, toaster strudel's, Chili
20. What’s on your grocery list? ice cream
21. Favorite grocery store? Market Street, but it's expensive!
22. Name a recipe you’d love to try, but haven’t yet. Roasted chicken with balsamic vinaigarette
23. Food blog you read the most. None, really.
24. Favorite chocolate? Raspberry truffles from godiva
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? prosciutto for the Roman Chicken recipe
26. What vegetables do you enjoy most? Broccoli, grilled eggplant & zucchini, fried zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers