As usual, life gets in the way. Sheesh. Okay, let's catch up since January 7th.
8. My husband's full-out laugh while watching a silly movie.
9. My mom's unsolicited 'I love you, baby.'
10. My brother's not-too-often hugs.
11. When my sister actually agrees with something I say, or is excited about an idea I suggest.
12. My daughter's snoring through the baby monitor.
13. My husband reaching out for me in his sleep, when I am wide awake.
14. Daisy's unabashed excitement when I walk towards her with a bone in my hand.
15. Watching amazing men ride bulls.
16. A mini fruit tart from La Madeline on a shitty day.
17. Seeing new-found friends the first day of a new semester.
18. Getting the giggles in class with a friend.
19. The blessing of a healthy child.
20. Walking outside early in the morning & listening to the birds.
21. The memory of seeing my cardiologist almost exactly 2 years after my surgery, as I'm leaving the same hospital with my newborn.
22. Coming home to an empty dishwasher.
23. When I get the chance to start a new book.
24. Seeing a pink sunset.
25. Looking in someone's eyes and seeing my own emotion reflected back.
26. Catching up with several long-time friends all in one weekend.
27. A pair of pants fitting just a teeny tiny bit better.
28. Fresh tacos from my favorite taco place.
29. Receiving a gift for no reason.
30. The sense of pride at hearing my girl be polite and outgoing and silly, all at once.
31. When a horse sniffs my face and nudges me.
February 1: Doing something painful and terribly hard, but knowing it was the right thing to do.
2: The ability to go to grad school.
3: A new friend.
4: Hearing a new song by a favorite artist.
5: Hearing a Duke Ellington song and then feeling the presence of my great-grandfather.
6: The smell of Listerine, Vicks, and Nozema, and the memories they provoke.
7: When a song lyric or poem comes together in my dreams, and I can actually write it all down when I wake up.
8: Remembering that today (February 8th) is my old man dog's birthday, and not crying.
9: Eating healthy alllll day and feeling wonderful while doing it.