11.26.2009

Gobble gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am so very thankful for the blogging community. I am so thankful for the wonderful friendships I have formed from this silly blog full of my silly thoughts. I am so thankful for the laughs, the tears, the hugs, the absolute silliness, the advice, the ability to bitch about random things and get support, the wonderful ideas I get from reading all of your blogs.....Thank you, everyone!
****
In unrelated news, I would have to say massaging butter onto a raw turkey is probably one of the most disgusting things I have to do as an adult. I would much rather clean baby shit or dog puke (or baby puke or dog shit?). But the upside to all this nasty massaging & basting is a kick-ass turkey (I hope). I'll let you know.
Sorta related, we used the bottom oven last night for the first time, and it smoked for a good 30 minutes. Blech.
Also? I brined my turkey in an ice chest. Does that make me white trash? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year my mom used a big Rubbermaid bin that she normally stored out-of-season clothes in to brine the turkey. We took out the clothes, of course and we rinsed it out. But still.

Badass Geek said...

I think it takes a lot more than that to be designated as white trash.

And yeah, rubbing butter on a raw turkey doesn't sound like fun. It also sounds like a euphemism for something.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love the profound musings about the butter massage :)

Anonymous said...

I don't like anything put on the dinning table that looks like it may get up and walk (with or without feathers. I don't get the poultry thing, we never roast a whole cow and whack it on the table.