3.13.2009

Friday-Filler: A few of my favorite things

Awhile back I asked for advice on various beauty things, and someone mentioned the fact that maybe I should suggest my favorites. So, here goes (Alan, you might as well not waste your time on this post; it's all girly! Sorry!) :



First, this is my new favorite face thingy. It works great! Also? It blends well, and whatever powder or bronzer I put on top of it stays ALL DAY. It smells good too.






Next: Bare Minerals All over Face color. This stuff has a bit of a sparkle/shimmer to it, but it really does add some color to my face. A little goes a long way, especially since you can mix it in with whatever other powder or bronzer you use.

Next: Mosaic Bronzer from Victoria Secret. I love that I can sorta focus on the darker colors if I want, or just twirl my brush on the entire thing and get a good mix.




The Sephora Brand Lip Gloss pencil is sweet! It really is lip gloss-it goes on smooth and is a perfect fit in the pocket of your jeans. Cheap too.


I've always loved Bath & Body Works' scents, but this is my absolute favorite now! CO Bigelow Lemon Body Cream smells wonderful! It's so soft. They have body wash too.


To go along with the cream, they have a Sugar Body Scrub. It really works on my elbows and knees, and I seriously want to eat it. They have it in teeny travel size containers too, if you want to try it before you commit to the bigger jar.




I tried this perfume for the first time at the airport in Mexico. I asked my brother to buy it for me for Christmas, and he did. But, now he calls me Moon Sparkle, because he says it sounds like a stripper's name. Sighhhh.

As for mascara, I still haven't bought a new one. I just think it all depends on the brush, not the actual mascara, but I haven't figured out which brush works better for me.

Jeans:


I bought these first. They are Levi's, they are cheap, and they are comfy. My only beef is that they are a bit long for me (HELLLLOOOOO, short stuff!) and also? They still give me saggy-ass-syndrome, but not as bad as my other pairs.


Next, I bought these, thinking they were the 7 for All Mankind brand. Nope. They are Seven Brand (why the f- do they do that?? Just to confuse us? Come ON!). But again, they are super-cheap, and they feel good! Also, they make my butt look good. And they don't SAG!!! Go find these at Kohl's, JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory, or wherever.



Then, I found the actual brand I was looking for: 7 for All Mankind. I found these at Anthropologie (omg, drooooool) and they were P-R-I-C-E-Y but I had a gift card for my birthday, and I got 15% off for my birthday too, so I figured, what the hell? They are soooo comfortable, they don't sag AT ALL, and they look great. Mine are the petites, and I didn't have to get them tailored; they are perfect. They are super dark denim, so beware if you get the same color: when I took them off that first time, my legs were blue. And my ass. And my panties. Yeah. Great. So, note to self: wash them separately unless you want everything to be blue.


Anyone have any new favorites they would like to share?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving the lip gloss pencil, going to check it out today. Thanks for sharing your favorites. I might be trying the cheek stain as well, love the Bare Minerals. As far as the jeans, my fat ass wouldn't look good in any of those. I did find the best dress at Anthropologie, I bought it in two colors. http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-6639937898347805798&id=833189&parentid=APP_DRESSES&pushId=APP_DRESSES&prepushId=APP_DRESSES&popId=APPAREL&sortProperties=&navCount=4&navAction=jump&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=tau&colorName=TAUPE

Kim/2 Kids said...

That last comment was by me, not my 10yo daughter. I swear I'd love it if they would stay off my laptop!

Fiona Picklebottom said...

I see a few things I want to try. The cheek stain looks interesting...

Sarah said...

ooh I so want to try the lip gloss thanks for showing it to me!

jodifur said...

I love bare esecntuals. I need to try that tarte check stain.

Raven said...

Sweet, I love having new stuff to try!

Anonymous said...

I bought my wife 2 pair of those 7 jeans and she LOVES them. And they make her ass look great! Other than that...I got nothing...

Lost In Splendor said...

Fun! I always adore seeing what people use as far as beauty products go. I'm pretty obsessed with them and I have a whole nothing blog (iwashmyface.wordpress.com) devoted to mine.