3.27.2008

Hit the road, Jack

Well, I did it. It took me 2 days, but I was finally able to give my 2 weeks' notice to my boss at 4:52pm today. Way to wait till the last minute, huh? I didn't really do it on purpose-my boss was just all over the place today, and the office was not one of those places until the end of the day.
And this is how it went, in a nutshell:

Me: I hate to do this, but I need to turn in my 2 weeks' notice.

Boss: Really? Wow-that sucks! Now I have to find someone to do your work!

Me: Huh?

Boss: Can you get A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and K done before you leave?

Me: Um...I'll do my best.

Boss: Okay. Well, thanks for the imposition.


No, really, it was painless, and also a bit of an eye-opener. It was obvious that she didn't much care that it is me that is leaving. It's more of the fact that there will be a vacancy that she has to fill, and that just doesn't fit into her busy schedule. I got the feeling she wasn't all that disappointed, just annoyed that my leaving is adding something to her to-do list.
Hmmf.

So, hit the road Jack, and don't ya come back, no more, no more, no more, no more.....

1 comment:

Raven said...

Congratulations on quitting! Doesn't it feel good to get it over with?