10.15.2008

More evidence that I need a life insurance policy, or....I must have a death wish

I'm not sure why I continue to tell all of you how much of a complete and total klutz I am, but here I am, about to give you a good belly laugh on this beautious (in my area, anyway) Wednesday.

I apparently have some deep-rooted death wish.

My hubby has a truck with a 6 inch lift on it. I wear flip flops all the time. My driveway has got to be the most slippery thing I have ever been in contact with. It is also slanted. Really slanted.

How are these three things related, you ask?

Get ready to laugh.

My hubby parked in the driveway. I opened the door to get out. I put one foot on the step, held on to the 'Oh shit' handle, and stretched my other leg out to step down onto the driveway. Flip flopped foot made contact with driveway. Briefly. All weight put on this leg. Flip flopped foot touching driveway decides to stop all contact with the driveway. I fall out of the truck, flat on my right side. Hit head on step, bend wrist back trying to catch myself. This all happens in 2.4 seconds, but there is enough time for my brother, who is standing on the other side of the truck, to think I dropped my purse, and come walking over to my side, only to find me, not my purse. There is enough time for my girl to watch the entire thing, and say "Mom, why did you do that?". There is enough time for my husband to just sit there and shake his head at his klutzy wife. And me?
Oh, I just laid there, laughing at myself, because really, what else can I do at this point?

4 comments:

Li'l Foot's Mommy said...

Good grief!!! flip flops...Crocs...they are one in the same...

didn't you learn anything from me a couple weeks ago?

Anonymous said...

Yeah...my wife AND my daughter have absolutely no balance and I have witnsessed my daughter actually walk into things that are directly in front of her (trees, bushes, newspaper dispensers). Must be a woman thing...

La Petite Chic said...

Oooh, that's gonna leave a mark!!

Kristie said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope you are ok.

And now I have a mental note to be careful on your driveway from now on!