8.20.2009

The "When pills aren't enough" Sessions

**Updated/edited!!: Please send me your post by Sunday, August 30th. I will then send you a post to put on your own blog by Monday evening, August 31st. Then we will all post on Tuesday, September 1st. Wanted to give more time to everyone! **

On several occasions over the past few weeks, I have read or heard people complaining that they can't be absolutely and completely honest on their blogs, for a variety of reasons. Maybe your mom reads your blog. Or your grandmother. Or you have co-workers or clients who have found your blog. Maybe your spouse doesn't like you telling "strangers" about the concerns you may have in your marriage. Whatever it may be, I'm pretty sure at some point you have been afraid to post something. And who can blame you? Who wants your grandmother to know you are testing & reviewing a dildo? Who wants your co-worker or boss to read about how stabby you get in the office?
Whatever it is, it would be nice to rant, bitch, complain, vent, get it out already, without the negative consequences. It would be great to get some feedback from other smart people out there, without worrying about losing readers (or your job).

Thus, The "When pills aren't enough" Sessions! (As in, "I took a pill to calm my ass down, but I'm still stressing/pissed/panicking." And I can't take credit for the name; Holly is fabulous with stuff like that.)
When Pills Aren't Enough

Basically, this is how it works:

  • You send me an email (at dlwinkler (at)msn (dot)com) telling me you want to participate. Go ahead and give me the link to your blog as well. Let me know if there is anything you do not want posted on your blog.
  • Then you send me your post. It can be about ANYTHING. Nothing is off-limits here.
  • I will send your post to another participating blogger to be posted on their blog next Friday, August 28th. We will all post the guest posts that day.
  • If you wish to have an under-the-radar, sneeky pen name for your post, go right ahead. Just put it in the email. If you want your blog to be linked on your post, let me know.
  • Here's the great part: It's a round-robin sorta thing, so if your guest post goes on Participant #1's blog, Participant #1's guest post will not go on your blog, but on Participant #2's blog. That way, no one that normally reads your blog (like your mother or your nosy secretary) will be able to find your guest post!

Am I fabulously smart or what? (Don't everyone answer that all at once).

So! Pretty please email me if you are interested in participating! I will need your guest post by Wednesday night, August 26th.

Now I just need to decide what I'm going to write about first!
**You may see this post on several people's blogs today. Just trying to spread the word.Feel free to do the same!!**

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a genius. I also need to come up with a post ... It shouldn't be that hard!

Unknown said...

I hereby give you the genius award. Is there a pill for that...Now I've got to get thinking!

Badass Geek said...

Sounds pretty interesting to me.

Anonymous said...

I got my OTHER blog where I do this. Would you want my next post instead of me posting it on my site? Lemme know and i'll come up with something interesting...

Sarah said...

Woo hoo!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

That is such a fantastic idea, darling lady – I think you deserve the Nobel Prize for services to blogging with this one! I've got until Wednesday, you say? Hmmm... I'll see what I can come up with.

Unknown said...

I am SO in on this.
I haven't been blogging at all - because some of the stuff I want to write would piss off the husband. Other stuff would cause heart failure in the few RL family and friends that read my blog. And when I *need* to write something, I can't write anything else until I get that out.
So, not only are you a genius, but you've saved my sanity (and possibly my blog).

Anonymous said...

what a genius idea.

Unknown said...

I'M IN!!!

lane said...

you are amazing. i'm new to your blog and i'm definitely in on this :).

Meg said...

Awesome idea...hope you're going to do it again!

Unknown said...

Wow that's a fantastic idea! Are you going to be doing it again soon?