12.06.2008

My Love List

I realize I may be 8 months behind on this, but so be it. I stole this from Jodifur, who stole it from Jennie, both of whom have awesome ideas, thoughts, and hearts. I love them both! I have had the pleasure of meeting Jennie, and really hope I get to meet Jodifur some day! Anyway, enjoy, and feel free to steal it from me, even if you do wait 8 more months to post it on your own blog. The only requirement is this: You can't include a single person you know on your list.

I love the crisp feeling of cold on my face when I walk outside in the winter. I love the smell of a fire-either in a fireplace or a bonfire. I love the smell of honeysuckle. I love the soft feel of puppies' ears and the smell of their breath. I love orange roses. I love the smell of the beach, and how it stays with you even after you shower off the salt and sand. I love the colors of the sunrise. I love winter clouds. I love music, the feel of the bass, the melodies of love, and the rhythm of words. I love the chest-cracking pride I feel sometimes. I love books-reading them, and dreaming of writing one. I love reading a whole book in one day. I love walking. I love working out so hard that my legs are weak the rest of the day. I love the smell of vanilla, cookies baking, and Italian food cooking. I love creme brulee. I love colored pens. I love little hands and teeny feets. I love strong jawlines and cheekbones. I love when the leaves change colors. I love to stomp on them after they have fallen off the trees. I love the sound of the wind blowing through big pecan trees. I love the bray of donkeys. I love horses, and the feeling of peace they give me. I love when the sun warms my skin. I love the purr of a cat. I love memories. I love helping others. I love that I have hope, even in my darkest times. I love tequila, and Riesling wine. I love eating, especially Italian food. I love to sing, even if I don't sound perfect. I love the smell of dryer sheets. I love the feel of a brand new shirt. I love sexy bras. I love feeling sexy in them. I love shoes, purses, and accessories. I love lying on the beach, directly on the sand, right where the waves wash up on shore. I love Halloween, more than any other holiday (close second is Christmas). I love pastries, caramel, apples, peaches, pomegranates, and kiwi. I love a warm towel when I get out of the shower. I love the comfort of my bed after I turn off my alarm (never before). I love watching silly shows that make my stomach hurt from laughing. I love kids' movies and romantic comedies. I love the smell of coffee. I love Cool Whip. I love cheese and crackers, with or without the wine. I love getting massages. I love staying up late and sleeping in. I love staring at the stars, willing one to fall. I love crossing things off my 'to do' list. I love sharing a connection with a new friend. I love homemade banana pudding. I love buying for others. I love a cold shower when I am sunburned. I love floating in a pool. I love being silly and sassy. I love pulling weeds, and planting flowers. I love watching birds bathe themselves in a puddle. I love listening to squirrels chatter and fight. I love when I wake up NOT tired. I love romantic comedies, and laughing until I cry. I love the unexpected. I love dreaming of where I will be someday, the places I can go, the things I can see. I love walking down every aisle in Target. I love wandering in the woods near my favorite park. I love the sound of water rushing in a small creek. I love loud music and quiet mornings. I love sending 'thinking of you' e-cards and snail-mail notes. I love closing my eyes and counting my blessings.

That's my list.

7 comments:

Dynamita said...

This is very inspiring!! It's sort of what I am trying to blog about, although sometimes I get sidetracked...

Thanks for posting this, I found it very uplifting!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. You stole ALL mine...so now I gotta come up with something else to blog about...

:-)

jodifur said...

What a lovely list, and you met Jennie, I'm so jealous.

Jenn Martinson said...

I love the smell of vanilla, cookies baking, and Italian food cooking. I love creme brulee. I love colored pens.

DITTO!

And I love this post!!

Jannie Funster said...

These are all so BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you!

Kristie said...

Great list honey!

Li'l Foot's Mommy said...

I just put this on my to-do blog list! This should be interesting and fun!